The Power of Mobile Marketing
Mobile marketing still feels very new in the “action sports” world. Many sports properties use this fairly new tool to keep in touch with their fans, have them participate in sweepstakes, offer them discounts or let them know about an event.
Even though this marketing method might seem intrusive to you, you can give the choice to your consumer to be part of the initiative or not. Mobile marketing can help you achieve many different results and has room for creativity.
And don’t forget! The teens are SO into their cell phones!
Here are a few facts:
- Mobile advertising awareness grew 33% in six months.
- In the third quarter of 2008, 39% of mobile phone users, or 104 million people, remembered advertising of some format on their phone.
- The most commonly recalled ads are those seen in text messages.
- Most brands use mobile to drive people into a store or get them to take an action rather than change their impression of a brand.
- Mobile typically is seen as a direct route to consumers.